I finished this cowl a couple of weeks ago. I had cast on at the beginning of the year and almost finished the entire cowl when I realized that it wasn't going to be as big as I wanted, and I was going to have a lot of yarn left over. So I ripped it out and started over again later.
Here's the pattern I used. I ended up casting on more stitches...132 instead of the 108 that the pattern says. Also, I had enough yarn to do five repeats of the design instead of four. The yarn is tosh dk in the medieval colorway. The bottom two pictures are more accurate color-wise...it was a sunny and windy day when I was trying to get photos. The yarn is a really dark, rich purple.
I like the cowl. It's not one of my absolute favorite knits, by any means, but it's a nice color and I like the texture of the design. I needed a cowl to match with some of my purple-y shirts, so I know this one will get worn! :)