3. I love Etsy. So much.
Until next time,
Until next time,
1. Ring! Ring! You receive a phone call from a national sweepstakes organization saying that you have won a life-time supply of your favorite beverage!! What would that drink be?
Well, I drink water more than anything else, but I really already have a life-time supply of that. :) So I guess I would say V8 Fusion: Acai Mixed Berry. I drink a glass of it everyday, because it has fruit and vegetable servings, and I really don't eat enough of those. Plus it's really good. :)
2. If you could live in a Jane Austen novel, which book would you pick? What character would you be?
Well, considering it's my favorite book and movie, I would have to say Lizzie Bennet in "Pride and Prejudice." For obvious reasons, which I'll tell you anyway. :) She's pretty, she's clever, she's not perfect, she's intelligent, and she gets Mr. Darcy.
3. What is your theme song, that favorite song that absolutely matches you?
Probably "I Am Understood?" from this Relient K CD...I can't think of another one right off.
4. You are trapped on a deserted island. Your only supplies are the clothes you have on, and a box with five things in it. What are those five things?
1. My Bible.
3. My iPod. :) (and some sort of solar charger for it) Or maybe my "Gilligan's Island" DVDs for extra moral support.
4. My journal.
5. An inflatable life raft. Because after I've been there for a while, I'm going to float back to civilization and become an author by publishing my island journal. :)
5. Chocolate or Caramel?
I love chocolate. Not so big on caramel.
6. Vacation! If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
A grand tour of Europe...Britain, Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy, etc.
7. If forced to do one of the two, which would you do: sky diving or scuba diving? Why?
Probably scuba diving? Because I've been snorkeling before, and although it was terrifying at first, I rather liked it. And I think scuba diving would be pretty similar, as long as it was very safe. :)
8. Favorite TV show, and why?
"I Love Lucy." Lucille Ball was hilarious, and this is the one show that can make me laugh until I cry no matter how many times I see it. Plus, it's clean. One of my personal favorite episodes is "Lucy Thinks Ricky Is Trying to Murder Her." This show is closely followed by "The Andy Griffith Show" and "The Dick van Dyke Show."
9. Are you a coffee and donuts sorta lady, or a tea and scones type of gal?
Well, I like doughnuts and scones, but I don't drink coffee or tea. :) I do occasionally drink sweet (ice) tea, but lately I've been thinking about trying real, hot tea.
10.The time machine has finally been created, and you are the first to be able to use it! What era would you travel too?
Nearly anytime between the 1930s and the 1950s. :)
11. What is the last movie you watched?
"Titanic," I think. 1997 version.
12. Ding-dong!!! Your favorite actor/singer/celebrity is at your front door! Who would it be?
Dead or alive? :) Sorry, but most of the "celebrities" I would like to meet have already died. Including C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Cary Grant, Gene Kelly, Judy Garland, Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck, Jimmy Stewart, etc. As far as living people go, I guess maybe it would be Johnny Depp or Julie Andrews or Dick van Dyke or maybe all of the guys from Switchfoot. :)
13. What was your absolute favorite toy as a baby?
I had these two "bunnies." They were basically a small blanket with a bunny head? Actually, this is amazing, but I just found a picture of one online here. And I had another similar one, too. I slept with them for years and years, until I got too "old" to sleep with stuffed animals anymore. :) Mine are ragged and worn out and stitched up many times by my grandma...yes, I still have them in my closet. Hopefully they'll last for my children, too.
14. What types of blogs do your like best? (examples: DIY, cooking, journal, etc.)
Any type, as long as the author shares some interests with me. I like crafting/sewing blogs, DIY, photography, etc.
15. What is your favorite Bible verse, your "life verse?"
Right now, probably "Do not let anyone treat you as if you are unimportant because you are young. Instead, be an example to the believers with your words, your actions, your love, your faith, and your pure life." -1 Timothy 4:12
Until next time,
I really should have been sewing (my first craft festival is a week from tomorrow!) or doing homework, but I watched the movie instead. I used the TV Guardian that's build into my DVD player, and it actually worked! It doesn't block actual scenes, but it mutes sentences with profanity in them. I usually struggle to get it set right. It goes from the extreme of letting all profanity through to blocking every other sentence, including any that contain "shut up" or "stupid." But this time it worked perfectly...it blocked out every single swear word. :) And that made me happy, because I despise cussing, and there is a lot of that in this movie.
He's in "Titanic"! :) I was thinking...I know that face and that voice. I tried to do the math in my head to see if the age was about right, and then I pulled up IMDB. And it's him.
So..."Titanic" really is a gorgeous movie. Despite all of the profanity, violence, and other inappropriate material, the filming and scenes themselves are really beautiful. I love all of the clothes, and I wish I could get away with wearing a hat like this. And it's purple!
For as long as I could remember, I've been fascinated with the whole story of it. I think it started a few years after the big movie came out in 1997. Me and my friends were "in love" with Leonardo DiCaprio, and we watched the movie over and over (of course, with my parents skipping over several scenes and muting large portions because of the language).
I only intended on using a few pictures in this post, but there were so many beautiful ones that I went a little overboard (no pun intended).